We are currently seeking an Excess Soils Specialist to join our Environmental team and work out of our Kitchener office.
- Work with the environmental site assessment team on infrastructure, land development, and environmental due diligence projects, including playing an active role in the preparation of project deliverables;
- Manage and lead projects related to the assessment and management of environmental contaminants in soil and groundwater, including Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Record of Site Condition (O.Reg. 153/04) projects, On-Site and Excess Soil Management (O.Reg. 406/19) projects in Ontario;
- Act as main point of contact to communicate technical and project management information to client teams;
- Respond to Requests for Proposal related to ESA and excess soils work to develop and maintain strong client relationships;
- Working with senior staff, participate in the interpretation of data including the presentation of data in tables and figures; and
- Conduct fieldwork associated with a wide range of investigations including drilling and test pitting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Geoscience, Environmental Science (or equivalent);
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role (work term experience acceptable);
- Pursuing a professional designation (P.Eng. or P.Geo.) would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the regulations governing contaminated sites and environmental work in Ontario (i.e. O.Reg 153/04, O. Reg 903, O. Reg 406/19, R.R., O. Reg 347, etc.);
- Experience working around heavy equipment, including drill rigs and excavators;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong time management skills;
- Some extended time in the field may be required year round;
- Must be able to lift equipment between 50 to 60 lbs.;
- Regular travel to project sites is required. Mileage for work related travel will be reimbursed; and
- Valid G License.