We are currently seeking an Environmental Scientist to work out of our Kitchener office.
MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
- Responsibility for a broad range of field activities associated with hydrogeological assessments, surface water assessments, water supply studies, Permits To Take Water, Environmental Compliance Approvals, and contaminated site assessments;
- Data analysis, interpretation, and reporting (i.e. Hydrogeological Investigations and Groundwater Monitoring Reports);
- Liaise with clients and regulatory agencies;
- Contractor coordination; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Earth Sciences, Water Resources Engineering (or equivalent), with course work specializing in hydrogeology, contaminant transport, hydrology or geology;
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role (work term experience acceptable);
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Water Resources Act, Environmental Protection Act, Aggregate Resources Act, and other applicable federal and provincial acts, regulations, and guidelines;
- Experience completing stream profiles and velocity calculations;
- Knowledge of groundwater and surface water interactions;
- Knowledge of soil and bedrock classification;
- Experience completing hydraulic conductivity tests and estimating hydraulic conductivity;
- Experience mapping groundwater flow direction and calculating groundwater gradients (vertical and horizontal);
- Experience with GIS, AutoCAD and Aquifer Test an asset;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong time management skills;
- Extended time in the field is required year round;
- Experience working in gravel pits and/or quarries an asset;
- Must be able to lift equipment between 50 to 60 lbs.;
- Regular travel to project sites is required. Mileage for work related travel will be reimbursed; and
- Valid G License.