Come join our team! We are More Than Engineering…
MTE Consultants is an employee-owned company that provides services in civil and structural engineering, building and environmental science, toxicology, and land surveying. Since beginning in 1985, MTE has grown to over 300 employees with offices in Burlington, Kitchener, London, and Stratford.
MTE is about three things … people, people and people. This philosophy is what continues to drive our culture. Our employees are integral to who we are and what we do. As a result we strive to provide a working environment and culture that fosters personal growth, career development and positive relationships.
We are seeking an experienced and energetic technical administrative professional to work within our Burlington office. This position requires a high level of confidentiality, sound judgment, diplomacy, and understanding of the organization’s strategic priorities and the ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment.
This position works closely with engineering staff to prepare comprehensive project plans and timeframes, with a strong emphasis on administrative duties including project documentation and billings.
- Provide administrative support including formatting, proofreading, printing, copying and compiling of various reports, proposals, letters, drawings and other related documents, ensuring all documentation meets client specifications, project requirements and MTE standards, for a variety of engineering projects;
- Process photos and create project-related CD’s ensuring adherence to MTE standards;
- Compile background information for engineering proposals and ensure submission meets requirements and is made prior to the deadline;
- Prepare draft of engineering proposal documents;
- Maintain proposal files;
- Work closely with project managers to prepare project schedules, setup timeframes, breaking projects into doable tasks, as needed;
- Collaborate with project managers and a team of engineering professionals to ensure accurate and timely billing to clients;
- Liaise with internal and external contacts to resolve billing issues;
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting to respond to client inquires or to perform internal analysis;
- Coordinate and schedule the Division Manager’s attendance at meetings and events, preparing meeting agendas as required;
- Screen and prioritize incoming mail, emails and voicemails for the Division Manager;
- Respond to and draft routine communications for the Division Manager, as directed;
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and attend as required; record and distribute meeting minutes;
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the division when required;
- Maintain and revise as required, divisional and corporate forms and templates;
- Perform administrative orientations for new staff within the office; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary education in an Office Administration, Business Administration, Engineering Technology or a related field;
- Experience working in an administrative assistant capacity is preferred;
- Experience working within an engineering or science related environment is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills involving an ability to problem solve and resolve conflict in varied interactions with external clients and internal staff;
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with confidential issues;
- Ability to take initiative and to multi-task in a fast paced environment characterized by changing priorities while attending to details;
- Strong written and verbal communication and comprehension skills;
- Very strong organizational and time management skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Familiarity with general office equipment including multi-line phone systems, photocopiers, binding machines, etc.; and
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and ability to learn new computer programs or software.