We are seeking an experienced and energetic technical administrative professional to provide support to the Land Development Division. This position requires a high level of confidentiality, sound judgment, diplomacy, and understanding of the organization’s strategic priorities and the ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment.
This position works closely with Technical Services and Construction & Tender Services staff to prepare comprehensive project submissions within expected timeframes, with a strong emphasis on administrative duties including project documentation.
- Assist Project Managers in preparing proposals, submissions, administering project schedules and project team meetings as needed;
- Assist Technical Services group in coordinating project submissions (ie. submission packages, correspondence with approval agencies, etc.) and attendance at meetings and events;
- Assist Construction and Tender Services groups with document preparation including but not limited to ‘please pay’ letters, payment certificates, tenders, post construction letters and daily/weekly inspection reports;
- Provide administrative support including formatting, proofreading, printing, copying and compiling of various reports, proposals, letters, drawings, spreadsheets and other related documents, ensuring all documentation meets specifications, project requirements and MTE standards, for a variety of engineering projects;
- Coordinate and schedule various Divisional meetings and take detailed minutes and distribute as needed;
- Ensure adherence to corporate standards of management of project files, naming conventions and record keeping procedures;
- Process photos and create project-related CD’s ensuring adherence to MTE standards; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Post Secondary education in Office Administration, Business Administration, Engineering Technology or a related field;
- Minimum of five years of related experience; working in a senior administrative capacity is preferred;
- Experience working within an engineering or science related environment is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills involving an ability to problem solve and resolve conflict in varied interactions with external clients and internal staff;
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with confidential issues;
- Ability to take initiative and to multi-task in a fast paced environment characterized by changing priorities while attending to details;
- Strong written and verbal communication and comprehension skills;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Familiarity with Land Development process would be considered an asset; and
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and ability to learn new computer programs or software.