MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a Designer to work out of our Burlington office.
- Develop detailed structural designs for a variety of structural engineering projects including institutional, commercial and industrial building structures;
- Perform engineering calculations and designs based on engineering principles and technical skill, experience, innovation, and engineering judgment, to transform project scope from concept design to construction, meeting applicable regulatory codes and standards;
- Evaluate project information to identify possible design solutions, coordinate and communicate with the Project Manager, clients and consultants to ensure design will work within the overall scope of the project; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- Engineer in Training (E.I.T) or Professional Engineer designation (P.Eng.);
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Solid understanding of building structural design, the Ontario Building Code, the building permit processes, and applicable regulations, standards and legislation related to structural engineering projects;
- Strong understanding of structural analysis and design software, Auto CAD and Revit software;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management and organization skills; and
- Experience with technical report writing.