We are currently seeking a Designer to join our Structural Engineering team and work out of our Kitchener office.
- Develop detailed structural designs for a variety of structural engineering projects including institutional, commercial and industrial building structures;
- Perform engineering calculations and designs based on engineering principles and technical skill, experience, innovation, and engineering judgment, to transform project scope from concept design to construction, meeting applicable regulatory codes and standards;
- Evaluate project information to identify possible design solutions, coordinate and communicate with the Project Manager, clients and consultants to ensure design will work within the overall scope of the project; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (P.Eng.);
- Minimum of 1-5 years of relevant experience (including co-op experience);
- Understanding of building structural design, the Ontario Building Code, the building permit processes, and applicable regulations, standards and legislation related to structural engineering projects;
- Understanding of structural analysis and design software, Auto CAD and Revit software;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management and organization skills;
- Experience with technical report writing; and
- Required to have access to a vehicle and a valid ‘G’ driver’s license for travel to project sites. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel.