MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
Having worked for many years with various levels of government on public infrastructure and facility projects, our staff understands the complexities that this type of assignment involves. We have helped our municipal clients successfully navigate through many road, servicing and facility projects. These clients repeatedly retain our services based on the experience our staff has in ensuring that their projects are completed on schedule and within their budget limits.
We are currently seeking a Design Engineer to work out of our Kitchener office.
- Complete design calculations based on engineering principles for various municipal development projects, meeting applicable regulatory codes and standards, and conveying design information to CAD staff for drafting completion;
- Hydrologic modeling;
- Sizing of storm water management facilities, SWM design and Water balance impact assessments;
- Hydraulic modeling of water courses (creeks/rivers) and infrastructure flood plain mapping;
- Organize and prepare permit applications with municipalities or agencies;
- Liaise with municipal staff, contractors, and the public and equipment suppliers;
- Preparation of technical design reports and memos;
- Attend and participate in project team meetings and coordinate with team members to ensure efficient and timely delivery of project deliverables; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Degree in Civil Engineering;
- Professional Engineers designation (P.Eng.);
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience, specifically with Municipal development projects;
- Strong knowledge of underground servicing and municipal road design;
- Strong knowledge of engineering principals and design standards;
- General familiarity with a broad field of engineering and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other fields;
- Strong technical report writing skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Strong problem solving skills accompanied by attention to detail;
- Working knowledge of MS Office software, including Outlook, Excel and Word;
- Familiarity with various civil design software;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD;
- Preliminary and Final Design of Roads, Bridges and Municipal Facilities;
- Class Environmental Assessments;
- Servicing, Grading and Drainage Design;
- Strong working knowledge of applicable software including HEC-2/HEC-RAS, GAWSER, MIDUSS, OTTHYMO, XPSSWMM, and MS Office Suite is required;
- A strong working knowledge of water resources principles, advanced technical writing skills as well as strong verbal communication and comprehension skills is required;
- Agency Approvals and permitting; and
- Application of trenchless technologies.