MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a Municipal Engineer to work out of our Kitchener office.
- Complete design calculations based on engineering principles for various municipal development projects, meeting applicable regulatory codes and standards, and conveying design information to CAD staff for drafting completion;
- Organize and prepare permit applications with municipalities or agencies;
- Liaise with municipal staff, contractors, the public and equipment suppliers;
- Preparation of technical design reports and memos;
- Attend and participate in project team meetings and coordinate with team members to ensure efficient and timely delivery of project deliverables; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Degree in Civil Engineering;
- Professional Engineers designation (P.Eng.);
- 5 – 8 years of related work experience, specifically with water / wastewater projects;
- Strong knowledge of underground servicing and municipal road design;
- Strong knowledge of engineering principals and design standards;
- General familiarity with a broad field of engineering and knowledge of reciprocal effects of the work upon other fields;
- Strong technical report writing skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Strong problem solving skills accompanied by attention to detail;
- Working knowledge of MS Office software, including Outlook, Excel and Word;
- Familiarity with various civil design software; and
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.