MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a Designer Engineer, Site Development to work out of our Kitchener office.
- Perform engineering design and analysis including storm and sanitary design, site grading design, water distribution system design, and storm water management modeling;
- Complete design calculations based on engineering principles, meeting applicable regulatory codes and standards, and convey design information to CAD staff for drafting completion;
- Responsible for reviewing and sealing designs completed by yourself and others;
- Evaluate project information to identify possible design solutions, coordinate and communicate with the Project Manager, clients and consultants to ensure design will work within the overall scope of the project;
- Technical report preparation;
- Attend and participate in project team meetings and coordinate with team members to ensure efficient and timely delivery of project deliverables;
- Mentor junior staff;
- Contract administration; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Applied Science or a related field;
- Minimum of 8 years of related work experience;
- Professional Engineer’s designation (P.Eng.);
- Strong knowledge of engineering principals and design standards;
- Excellent technical report writing skills, as well as written and verbal communication and comprehension skills;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Strong problem solving skills accompanied by attention to detail;
- Working knowledge of MS Office software, including Outlook, Excel and Word; and
- Familiarity with various civil design software.