MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a Contract Administrator to work out of our Kitchener office.
- Project administration and liaison with contractors, clients and municipalities ensuring day to day operations are achieved with ultimate goal to obtain building permits and/or complete contract items;
- Support Inspectors with providing quality assurance inspection of Land Development projects, in accordance with applicable Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications, Region of Waterloo Standards, Municipal Standards and MTE specifications;
- Review site reports prepared by Inspectors, including but not limited to, erosion and sediment reports, inspection reports and water/sewer testing reports for submission to municipalities;
- Monitor geotechnical services for inspection and testing of construction projects, providing third party testing as per subdivision agreements with Municipalities;
- Prepare contract payment certificates, review and approve invoices for various surface work projects including geotechnical inspection and testing services;
- Conduct inspections and correspondence with municipalities for acceptance of underground services, road works and surface works providing documentation in accordance with Schedule D for submission and formal acceptance;
- Monitor and coordinate surface works including concrete works, street trees, CCTV inspections, surface asphalt, and pavement markings following the issue of building permits, as per requirements by municipalities;
- Communication with builders, contractors, and government agencies to confirm standards, problem solve conflicts and provide project progress updates; and
- Attend internal and external project meetings, ensuring regular/consistent communication with office, contractors and clients.
- Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering;
- Minimum 5-7 years related working experience;
- General knowledge and understanding of construction safety, the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Regulations for Construction Projects, and other applicable codes, standards and guidelines;
- Understanding of survey principles;
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings;
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Licensed Professional , P.Eng or C.E.T. designation is considered an asset; and
- Required to have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license for travel to project sites. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel.