We are currently seeking a Contract Administrator to join our Civil Engineering team out of our Burlington office.
Our Civil Engineering team has brought countless sites to life within Southern Ontario. With staff at all levels of their career, we put an emphasis on collaboration and always work together to achieve mutual success.
At MTE, if you have a goal, we will help you achieve it. When you join our team you’ll be met with an environment that fosters relationships, empowers you to grow professionally, and is a driver of change within our community.
- Project administration and liaison with contractors, clients and municipalities ensuring day to day operations are achieved with ultimate goal to obtain building permits and/or complete contract items;
- Support Inspectors with providing quality assurance inspection of Land Development projects, in accordance with applicable Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications, Municipal Standards and MTE specifications;
- Review site reports prepared by Inspectors, including but not limited to, erosion and sediment reports, inspection reports and water/sewer testing reports for submission to municipalities;
- Monitor geotechnical services for inspection and testing of construction projects, providing third party testing as per subdivision agreements with Municipalities;
- Prepare contract payment certificates, review and approve invoices for various surface work projects including geotechnical inspection and testing services;
- Conduct inspections and correspondence with municipalities for acceptance of underground services, road works and surface works providing documentation in accordance with Schedule D for submission and formal acceptance;
- Monitor and coordinate surface works including concrete works, street trees, CCTV inspections, surface asphalt, and pavement markings following the issue of building permits, as per requirements by municipalities;
- Communication with builders, contractors, and government agencies to confirm standards, problem solve conflicts and provide project progress updates; and
- Attend internal and external project meetings, ensuring regular/consistent communication with office, contractors and clients.
- Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 8 years related working experience
- General knowledge and understanding of construction safety, the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Regulations for Construction Projects, and other applicable codes, standards and guidelines;
- Understanding of survey principles;
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings;
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Licensed Professional , P.Eng or C.E.T. designation is considered an asset; and
- Required to have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license for travel to project sites. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel.