MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a CAD Technologist, Structural Engineering to work out of our Kitchener office.
- Prepare structural, and occasionally architectural drawings including plans elevations, sections and details for a wide variety of commercial, industrial and residential building projects using current Autodesk Revit and CAD software;
- Assist with field review of projects at the construction stage;
- Assist with review of shop drawings, as needed;
- Assist with Building Code (OBC) analysis and building permit process;
- The ideal candidate will have project management experience and be able to lead projects from client needs assessment and project definition to construction completion; and
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Diploma in Architectural Construction or Civil Engineering Technology (structural focus);
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar role is preferred; New Grads will also be considered;
- Proficient working knowledge of Revit modeling; experience with CAD;
- Preference will be given to candidates with a C.E.T. designation or who are eligible for their C.E.T. designation;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Understanding of applicable design standards and general engineering principles;
- Excellent attention to detail; and
- Ability to work independently on concurrent projects.