We are currently seeking a CAD Technologist to join our Site Development Division in Kitchener. This team creates civil engineering solutions for mostly private development projects in Waterloo Region, as well as sites around Ontario.
The Site Development team is made up of 20 people: 5 Civil Engineers, 2 Project Managers, 5 Designers, 5 CAD Technologists and 1 Administrative Professional. They also work closely with our Construction Services group and our Land Development design group to deliver the right solutions for our clients. This team is led by three experienced engineering professionals. Rebecca Kerr, Lynn Ingram and Paul Douglas. They manage and provide mentorship to the team on a daily basis.
- Create preliminary and final approval drawings for a wide variety of civil engineering projects for various commercial, industrial and residential clients. Typical projects include (but are not limited to) grading and servicing plans, stormwater management plans, profiles, sections and detail drawings;
- Attend and participate in project team meetings and coordinate with team members to ensure efficient and timely delivery of project deliverables; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role (including co-op experience);
- Experienced with Auto CAD/ Civil 3D;
- Working towards C.E.T. designation;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Understanding of applicable design standards and general engineering principles;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills; and
- The successful candidate must possess a valid class G driver’s license and have access to a vehicle for work related travel.