We are currently seeking an experienced CAD Technologist to join our Legal Survey team and work out of our Burlington office.
- You will be a key member of the OLS team working closely with an Ontario Land Surveyor, Project Managers, Survey Crew Chiefs and the Technical Sector Leader;
- Responsible for downloading and processing collected field data and uploading coordinated layout information and preparing point plots;
- Prepare and/or facilitate the completion of a variety of legal survey plans, reference plans, Boundary and topographic surveys, SRPRs, Strata Plans, Condominiums, grading Plans etc;
- Prepare subdivision plans including Lot configurations, zoning compliance, etc.;
- Review architectural and engineering plans and prepare detailed construction layout sketches;
- Undertake boundary calculations based on field evidence, title documents and authority plans;
- Understand and Processing GPS data for UTM/MTM and localized datum (both ground and grid);
- Attend and participate in project team meetings and coordinate with team members to ensure efficient and timely delivery of project deliverables;
- Ability to read and interpret title information and understand priority of evidence;
- Strong knowledge of AOLS standards and regulations pertaining to plan specifications; and
- Preparation of topographic plans including contours, DTM and volume calculations.
- Assist and train junior CAD staff, as required;
- Undertake survey research (cosine, teraview, OnLand) & preparation of survey documents;
- Detailed documentation of work procedures;
- Automated Submission of Plans into the Land Registry system; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- High level of functionality with Civil3D CAD and Survey software i.e. TBC, Microstation, Microsurvey;
- Minimum 5 -8 years related experience required;
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario Cadastral surveying standards;
- Excellent understanding or Generally accepted Survey Procedures and methodologies;
- Degree or Diploma in Surveying, Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent experience;
- Proven record of completing work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- good written and verbal communication skills;
- Time management and organizational skills; and
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.