We are currently seeking an experienced CAD Technologist to work out of our Burlington office.
MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 35 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 5 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
- This is considered a Senior or Intermediate CAD position;
- You will be a key member of the OLS team working closely with an Ontario Land Surveyor, Survey Crew Chiefs and the Technical Sector Leader;
- Responsible for downloading and processing collected field data and uploading coordinated layout information and preparing point plots;
- Prepare and/or facilitate the completion of a variety of legal survey plans, reference plans, Boundary and topographic surveys, SRPRs, Strata Plans, Condominiums, grading Plans etc;
- Prepare subdivision plans including Lot configurations, zoning compliance, etc.;
- Review architectural and engineering plans and prepare detailed construction layout sketches;
- Undertake boundary calculations based on field evidence, title documents and authority plans;
- Understand and Processing GPS data for UTM/MTM and localized datum (both ground and grid);
- Attend and participate in project team meetings and coordinate with team members to ensure efficient and timely delivery of project deliverables;
- Ability to read and interpret title information and understand priority of evidence;
- Strong knowledge of AOLS standards and regulations pertaining to plan specifications; and
- Preparation of topographic plans including contours, DTM and volume calculations.
- Assist and train junior CAD staff, as required;
- Undertake survey research (cosine, terraview, OnLand) & preparation of survey documents;
- Detailed documentation of work procedures;
- Automated Submission of Plans into the Land Registry system; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- High level of functionality with Civil CAD and Survey software i.e. TBC, Microstation, Microsurvey;
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario Cadastral surveying standards;
- Excellent understanding or Generally accepted Survey Procedures and methodologies;
- Degree or Diploma in Surveying, Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent experience;
- Proven record of completing work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- good written and verbal communication skills;
- Time management and organizational skills; and
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.