We are currently seeking a CAD Technologist to join our Land Development team in Kitchener.
- Create preliminary and final approval drawings for a wide variety of civil engineering projects for various commercial, industrial and residential clients. Typical projects include (but are not limited to) grading and servicing plans, stormwater management plans, profiles, sections and detail drawings;
- Create and use 3D surfaces to calculate material volumes;
- Taking field drawings and notes and preparing as-recorded drawings to be submitted to the municipalities; and
- Collaborate with senior staff on projects and participate in project team meetings.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology;
- 0-5 years of experience in a similar role (including co-op experience);
- Experienced with AutoCAD / Civil 3D;
- Working towards C.E.T. designation;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Understanding of applicable design standards and general engineering principles;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills; and
- The successful candidate must possess a valid class G driver’s license and have access to a vehicle for work related travel.