We are currently seeking a CAD Technologist to join our environmental team and work out of our Burlington office.
MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 35 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 5 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
- As a CAD Technologist within the Environmental Division, you will be responsible for creating a variety of drawings and figures to support environmental projects including current and historical site plans, sample location and analytical results plans, geologic cross-sections, groundwater flow mapping and contours, and other figures/drawings as assigned;
- Attend and participate in project team meetings and coordinate with team members to ensure efficient and timely delivery of project deliverables; and
- Other duties within the Environmental Division including preparation of borehole logs and environmental database management.
- Diploma in Civil/Environmental Engineering Technician or Technology, Architectural Technician or Technology, or equivalent;
- 2 to 5 years of experience (including co-op experience, if applicable);
- Competency using Auto CAD / Civil 3D;
- Working knowledge of MS Office (including Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- Understanding of applicable design standards and general engineering principles;
- Strong attention to detail is essential;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Knowledge in geology/hydrogeology would be an asset; and
- Experience with GIS systems (QGIS or ArcGIS), database management software (e.g., Hydro GeoAnalysist (HGA) or Microsoft Access), and/or borehole logging software (e.g., StrataExplorer or gINT) would be an asset.