Our Environmental team in Kitchener is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for a CAD Technologist to join us!
- As a CAD Technologist within the Environmental Division, you will be responsible for creating a variety of drawings and figures to support environmental projects including current and historical site plans, sample location and analytical results plans, geologic cross-sections, groundwater flow mapping and contours, and other figures/drawings as assigned;
- Attend and participate in project team meetings and coordinate with team members to ensure efficient and timely delivery of project deliverables; and
- Other duties within the Environmental Division including preparation of borehole logs and environmental database management.
- Diploma in Civil/Environmental Engineering Technician or Technology, Architectural Technician or Technology, or equivalent;
- 1-3 years of experience (including co-op experience, if applicable);
- Competency using Auto CAD / Civil 3D;
- Working knowledge of MS Office (including Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- Understanding of applicable design standards and general engineering principles;
- Strong attention to detail is essential;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Experience with GIS systems (QGIS or ArcGIS) would be an asset; and
- Experience with database management software (e.g., Hydro GeoAnalysist (HGA) or Microsoft Access), and/or borehole logging software (e.g., StrataExplorer or gINT) would be an asset.