MTE Consultants Inc. has provided consulting services to communities throughout Ontario since 1985. For over 30 years, we have maintained a commitment to quality and lasting relations. Our strength is in the people we work with and the solutions we design. With 4 different offices across Ontario, our team is comprised of driven professionals at various stages of their careers – and we’re all in this together. Every day, we’re working together and collaborating on projects that are both challenging and impactful. Join a team that creates connections, drives your career and supports the community in more ways than one.
We are currently seeking a CAD Technologist to work out of our Kitchener office.
- As a CAD Technologist within the Environmental Division, you will be responsible for creating a variety of drawings and figures to support environmental projects including current and historical site plans, sample location and analytical results plans, geologic cross-sections, groundwater flow mapping and contours, and other figures/drawings as assigned;
- Attend and participate in project team meetings and coordinate with team members to ensure efficient and timely delivery of project deliverables; and
- Other duties within the Environmental Division including preparation of borehole logs and environmental database management.
- Diploma in Civil/Environmental Engineering Technician or Technology, Architectural Technician or Technology, or equivalent;
- 2 to 5 years of experience (including co-op experience, if applicable);
- Competency using Auto CAD / Civil 3D;
- Working knowledge of MS Office (including Word, Excel, and Outlook);
- Understanding of applicable design standards and general engineering principles;
- Strong attention to detail is essential;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Knowledge in geology/hydrogeology would be an asset; and
- Experience with GIS systems (QGIS or ArcGIS), database management software (e.g., Hydro GeoAnalysist (HGA) or Microsoft Access), and/or borehole logging software (e.g., StrataExplorer or gINT) would be an asset.