We are currently seeking a CAD Technologist to join our Building Restoration team and work out of our Burlington office.
- Prepare building envelope and structural repair drawings for a variety of building restoration projects using current Autodesk CAD software;
- Use Sketchup and Photoshop software to prepare renderings for cladding renovation projects;
- Assist with site inspection of various building restoration projects including roof replacement, window replacement, garage repairs, balcony repairs, pavement replacement, cladding renewal;
- Assist with preparation of project reports and building condition assessments; and
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Diploma in Architectural Technician/Technology or Civil Engineering Technician/Technology;
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role;
- Licensed Engineering Technologist (LET) or Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) designation, or working towards LET or C.E.T. designation;
- Experienced with Auto CAD software;
- Knowledge of a variety of software including CAD, Sketchup and Photoshop;
- Understanding of applicable design standards, Ontario Building Code, and general engineering principles;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Working at Heights training considered an asset;
- Swing stage/Boom training considered an asset;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Excellent time management skills.