Our Finance team is growing and we are currently seeking a detail-oriented and reliable Billing Clerk to join us out of our Kitchener office. The Billing Clerk will work with our Project Managers to ensure precise and timely billing to our clients and will be responsible for updating and maintaining accounting files.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to multitask, communicate effectively, and work well in both a team and independent environment.
We are looking for somebody with experience using project based accounting software such as Ajera, familiarity with accounting principles and concepts, and an understanding of project proposals, contracts and budgeting.
If this sounds like you, please submit your application below!
- Work with Project Managers to ensure accurate and timely billing to clients;
- Prepare and maintain project Accounting Files;
- Monitor work-in-progress (WIP) aging and review with Project Managers on a monthly basis;
- Assist Project Managers with administrative duties as required;
- Assist with project set up and modification in Ajera; and
- Perform other accounting duties as required.
- Post-secondary education in Finance or Accounting an asset;
- Understanding of and experience working with project proposals, contracts and budgeting
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team and work well independently;
- Familiarity with accounting principles and concepts;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software including Word and Excel;
- Experience with project based accounting software;
- Experience with Ajera software an asset;
- Excellent attention to detail; and
- Strong organizational skills.