Come join our team! We are More Than Engineering…
MTE Consultants is an employee-owned company that provides services in environmental, civil and structural engineering, building science, toxicology, and land surveying. Since beginning in 1985, MTE has grown to over 300 employees with offices in Burlington, Kitchener, London, and Stratford.
MTE is about three things … people, people and people. This philosophy is what continues to drive our culture. Our employees are integral to who we are and what we do. As a result, we strive to provide a working environment and culture that fosters personal growth, career development and positive relationships.
We are seeking an experienced and energetic technical administrative professional to provide support to the Environmental, Building Structures and the Toxicology / Risk Assessment Divisions. This position requires a high level of confidentiality, sound judgment, diplomacy, and understanding of the organization’s strategic priorities and the ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment.
- Provide administrative support including formatting, proofreading, printing, copying and compiling of various reports, proposals, letters, drawings, figures and other related documents, ensuring all documentation meets client specifications, project requirements and MTE standards;
- Assist with compiling background information on projects and proposals and ensure submissions meet project manager’s requirements;
- Work closely with project managers and division managers to maintain project schedules and track workflow, as needed;
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting to respond to client inquires or to perform internal analysis;
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and attend as required; record and distribute meeting minutes;
- Attend Administrative working group meetings and work closely with other members of the administrative team;
- Process photos and create project-related deliverables ensuring adherence to MTE standards;
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the division, when required;
- Maintain and revise as required, divisional and corporate forms and templates;
- Coordinate orientation schedules and perform administrative orientations for new staff;
- Manage reception duties from time-to-time;
- Complete general housekeeping tasks (e.g. maintaining coffee machine, stocking kitchen, organizing office areas and print room);
- Maintain and order office supplies;
- Troubleshoot issues with the printers;
- Maintain collection of insurance certificates of subcontractors; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary education in an Office Administration, Business Administration, or a related field;
- Minimum of five years of related experience; working in a senior administrative capacity is preferred;
- Experience working within an engineering or science related environment is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills involving an ability to problem solve and resolve conflict in varied interactions with external clients and internal staff;
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with confidential issues;
- Positive attitude;
- Ability to take initiative and to multi-task in a fast paced, deadline driven environment characterized by changing priorities while attending to details;
- Strong written and verbal communication and comprehension skills;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Familiarity with general office equipment including multi-line phone systems, photocopiers, binding machines, etc.; and
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and ability to learn new computer programs or software.