Human Health & Ecological Risk Assessment
MTE provides all of the services and expertise to investigate, understand and manage risks related to chemicals in the environment. Our team evaluates risks to human and ecological receptors resulting from exposure to substances in various media.
Risk assessments can be used to identify if any unacceptable risks exist, and whether remediation or risk management measures are required to reduce exposure. They can also assist in the development of site-specific environmental quality targets that are protective of people and the environment. These assessments help developers and property owners to evaluate and consider various site development locations and environmental management options.
MTE helps our clients determine the appropriate type of risk assessment that will achieve their project objectives. Examples of risk assessment solutions that MTE provides include:
- Risk Assessment submissions to the Ontario Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change (MOECC) for the purpose of obtaining a Record of Site Condition (RSC) under Ontario Regulation 153/04
- Tier 3 Risk Assessment
- Modified Generic Risk Assessment (MGRA)
- Risk Assessments for due diligence purposes (e.g., in support of property transactions and financing)
- Risk Assessments for federally-owned properties in accordance with Health Canada and the Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment (CCME) guidance
- Preliminary Quantitative Risk Assessment (PQRA)
- Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessment (DQRA)
- Vapour Intrusion Assessments
We can also develop and deliver basic or detailed human health and ecological risk assessment training courses to suit the specific needs of our clients in the private or public sector.