Technologist, Indoor Environments | Kitchener
- Planning and conducting hazardous material and indoor air quality assessments;
- Conducting site work associated with monitoring of hazardous materials abatement projects, and construction-related infection control, including on-site inspection of contractor activities and collection of air samples;
- Collecting air and bulk building material samples and submission to laboratories for analysis;
- Coordination and communication with subcontractors including laboratories, abatement contractors and construction site supervisors;
- Attend and participate in project or client meetings, as required;
- Completion of field reports and data entry;
- Evaluation of analytical data with accuracy;
- Preparation of detailed technical reports, management programs and specifications in consultation with the project manager or other more senior professional;
- Participate in proposal preparation including preparation of cost estimates and proposal text, and compilation of supporting information;
- Work off-hour shifts as required in order to accommodate assessment and inspection services required as part of evening, night and weekend work;
- Work on project sites within Ontario and occasional out of province including working in conjunction with other offices;
- Comply with MTE’s company policies and procedures pertaining to administration, I.T., finance and health and safety; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Studies, Human Health Sciences, Mechanical Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent;
- 0-5 years of relevant work experience;
- Eligibility for P. Eng, CIH or CRSP designation is considered an asset;
- Post-secondary training, course work, diploma or degree pertaining to occupational health and safety, industrial hygiene or environmental studies is preferred;
- Proficiency with software applications (MS Office, Excel and AutoCAD);
- Experience with Phase Contrast Microscopy analysis for asbestos and other fibres, would be an asset but not required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Works well in a team environment;
- Must be able/fit to wear a respirator and able to work at heights and in confined spaces with appropriate training;
- Ability to work weekends and/or evenings;
- Ability to lift equipment up to 50 lbs;
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, can take initiative, handle challenges, prioritize multiple tasks, and provide superior client service;
- Working knowledge of both provincial and federal environmental regulations;
- A valid driver's license and a vehicle are required; and
- Ability to travel throughout Ontario, as required.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of all applicants under the AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process including recruitment. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.