Records Assistant | Kitchener | One year contract
- Entering project information into the database per protocols, closing and re-opening projects, and creating and maintaining client and contact records;
- Maintain active records area, including analyzing documents to be filed, accurately filing documents and identifying and troubleshooting problems or compliance issues;
- Act as a reference resource to staff in various capacities including document retrieval and information clarification, conducting reference interviews to determine informational need, educating staff on records information management guidelines, policies and procedures, and providing new staff orientations;
- Assist with maintenance of inactive records, including filing and archiving and managing the physical space;
- Assist in the creation, development and maintenance of outreach materials such as quick tips, procedures and compliance solutions;
- Collection development activities such as coordination of purchasing, accurate cataloguing and the organization of reference materials; and
- Other related duties, as assigned
- Degree or diploma in Records and Information Management or a related field;
- 1-3 years of experience working in an active records or library environment is preferred;
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy;
- Ability to monitor and analyze findings;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Sound problem solving and decision making skills;
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal, as well as good proofreading skills;
- Proficient with MS Office, particularly Excel;
- Comfortable operating standard office equipment and ability to lift records boxes, up to 50 lbs; and
- A valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required. Mileage for work related travel will be reimbursed.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of all applicants under the AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process including recruitment. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.