Project Coordinator | Building Restoration | Burlington
- Work within a project team to deliver top quality structural rehabilitation and building envelope restoration projects to clients;
- Assist with building investigations, contributing to the field evaluations as well as technical writing, preparation of quantities, and budget estimates;
- Undertake site reviews of construction projects to help monitor conformance with specifications, quality of workmanship, budget, and schedule;
- Assist with the tendering process, preparing tender notifications, attending tender meetings, preparing bid summary and recommendations;
- Help with preparing specifications, including editing technical sections and working with CAD staff to sketch details;
- Assist with administering construction contracts, including preparing CCDC contracts, preparing payment certificates, change orders, certificates for substantial performance, building permit applications;
- Liaise with contractors, clients, and manufacturers to assist with responding to project related inquiries;
- Participate in project meetings with clients and contractors and contribute to presentations and prepare meeting minutes;
- Contribute to development of internal practice systems within the Building Restoration group;
- Participate and contribute to internal and external technical training sessions;
- Travel to project sites across southwestern Ontario is required. Mileage will be reimbursed for work related travel; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering with specialization in Building Science being an asset;
- 0-3 years of related work experience (including co-op experience);
- Pursuing E.I.T. designation;
- Experience with AutoCAD or hydrothermal modeling programs (WUFI/Therm) are an asset, but not required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and adaptability to shifting priorities;
- Strong organizational skills;
- A team player approach to problem solving;
- Candidate will be required to work from suspended work platforms and lifts from time to time (training to be provided by MTE). As such, Candidate should not be afraid of heights; and
- The successful candidate must possess a valid class G driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of all applicants under the AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process including recruitment. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.