Environmental Scientist | London
- Conduct a variety of field sampling, data collection and monitoring activities to support Phase II Environmental Site Assessments, underground storage tank removals, site remediation projects, risk assessments and hydrogeological investigations;
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with subcontractors including drillers, excavators, utility locators and analytical laboratories;
- Compile, tabulate and evaluate analytical data for project reports with strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Prepare technical reports in consultation with project managers and/or senior professionals under the supervision of a licensed engineer or geoscientist;
- Assist with project management tasks to help ensure project budgets and timelines are met;
- Attend and participate in project or client meetings, as required;
- Comply with MTE’s company policies and procedures pertaining to administration, I.T., finance and health and safety; and
- Other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Hydrogeology or equivalent (preferred), consideration will be given to a diploma in Environmental or Civil Technology with additional experience;
- Registered in Ontario as an Engineer-in-Training (EIT), Geoscientist-in Training (GIT) or Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) or future eligibility for registration as a P.Eng., P.Geo. or CET is required;
- 1 to 5 years of related work experience (co-op placements included);
- Knowledge of and familiarity with field investigations, including direct-push, sonic and rotary drilling supervision, soil identification and logging, soil, groundwater and surface water sampling, elevation surveying and in-situ hydraulic conductivity testing;
- Technical understanding of Ontario regulations and industry standard practices related to environmental site assessments and soil and water quality, including an understanding of O.Reg.153/04 (Records of Site Condition) and CSA Standards for Phase I ESA and Phase II ESAs, Provincial Water Quality Objectives, Permits to Take Water, etc.;
- Team player with ability to work independently or in a team environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong skills in MS Office software, including Word and Excel is essential, with other technical programs, including AutoCAD, ArcGIS, Grapher, Surfer, Aquifer Test, AquaChem, Hydro GeoAnalyst, considered an asset;
- Exceptional problem solving skills;
- Strong attention to detail; and
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
How to apply
MTE Consultants Inc.
520 Bingemans Centre Drive
Kitchener, ON N2B 3X9
MTE Consultants will accommodate the needs of all applicants under the AODA legislation in all parts of the hiring process including recruitment. Should accommodation be required, please notify our Human Resources department.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No agencies, please.