We review technical documents produced by other scientists, including risk assessments, toxicological profiles and regulatory guidance documents. Our reviews on behalf of our industry and government clients focus on evaluating documents with respect to:
- Appropriateness of scientific methods or approach used;
- Ensuring that cited information is complete and up-to-date;
- Consistency with cited regulatory guidance;
- Fulfillment of stated objectives;
- Appropriateness of conclusions and recommendations; and
- Appropriateness of writing style for the target audience.
We believe that our role as peer reviewers is to bring an independent eye to a document, and to look for opportunities to suggest changes which make the document more scientifically defensible, more transparent, or more complete. We have a reputation for being constructive peer reviewers whose involvement contributes positively to the projects we are involved in.